What are the misunderstandings and nursing of laser hair removal?
- Whether laser hair removal is safe: laser hair removal is a very safe hair removal method with strong pertinence, no side effects on human body and almost no impact on skin.
- Precautions for laser hair removal: attention should be paid to laser hair removal. The hair removal part should pay attention to sunscreen one week before treatment and two weeks after treatment. The hair removal part should not be depilated, wax depilated and electrolytic depilated two weeks before treatment.
- Laser hair removal times: laser hair removal generally takes three to six times, mainly due to two factors:
First, most hair follicles are tied together in groups of three and open in the same pores. A hair in the pores is the hair growing from one of the three hair follicles in the group below it. Therefore, one treatment can only destroy one hair follicle in a group.
Second, hair growth should go through the growth period, degenerative period and resting period. Laser hair removal in the growth period is 75% effective, the degenerative period is 25%, and the resting period is almost invalid.
- After laser hair removal, it will not affect perspiration: the laser only affects the melanin in the hair follicle, while there is no melanin in the sweat gland, so it will not absorb the laser ability and damage the sweat gland, and has no other adverse effects on the human body. Therefore, laser hair removal will not affect perspiration.
- Whether laser hair removal is harmful to the skin: the human skin is a relatively transparent structure. Through the clinical and bed experiment, it is found that the skin is just a piece of transparent cellophane in front of a powerful laser, so the laser can pass through the skin very smoothly and reach the hair follicle. Because there is a lot of melanin in the hair follicle, it can preferentially absorb a large amount of laser energy and finally convert it into heat energy to raise the temperature of the hair follicle, Achieve the purpose of destroying hair follicle function. In this process, because the skin does not absorb laser energy, or absorbs a small amount of laser energy, the skin itself will not be damaged.
- Please avoid the sun for half a year after laser hair removal, and apply the sunscreen lotion instructed by the doctor to the affected part to reduce the sun exposure.
- After depilation, the depilated part may produce slight redness and swelling, skin sensitivity and hot or itchy feeling. If you feel pain, apply ice to reduce the pain.
- Note that the depilated part should not be scalded with hot water or scrubbed with force.